Gryphon Audio Commander Preamplifier and PSU
Pickup available at Audio Connection
Usually ready in 5+ days
Gryphon Audio Commander Preamplifier and PSU
515 Parramatta Road
Leichhardt NSW 2040
- Live Chat Support (8am - 8pm)
- Free Australia Wide Shipping
- 02 9561 0788. We speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese
BUY NOW PAY LATER | INTEREST-FREE REPAYMENTS
- Split your payments over 2, 6, 12 or 18 months.
- 0% on your purchase, zero fees.
- No minimum spend.
- All you need is a valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex).
- Choose "More Payment Options" below and choose "Monthly credit card payments" on the checkout screen.
If you have any questions or need advice - give us a call on 02 9561 0788 during business hours or use our live chat service AEST 8am - 8pm everyday (you'll chat with a real person, not a bot!).
How Gryphon Built the Perfect Preamplifier
Since the company's founding nearly 40 years ago, the philosophy of Gryphon Audio Designs of Denmark has remained constant: the relentless pursuit of sonic perfection without commercial compromises in design, construction or cost. All Gryphon products have been conceived in this same perfectionist spirit: uncompromising engineering in the service of music. Impeccable build quality complemented by their original, highly refined “Nordic Noir” aesthetic sensibility and absolute simplicity of use.
The culmination of Gryphon’s four decades of philosophies, design goals and engineering expertise are fully realized in Commander: the most advanced preamplifier ever made.
• Exterior design by Flemming E. Rasmussen
• Electronics design by Tom Møller
• True Dual Mono configuration
• Zero negative global feedback
• Microprocessor-controlled 85-step relay, volume attenuator featuring Charcroft Z-Foil Audio ultra-precision resistors and ultra-low capacitance relays for best sonic performance.
• Super fast discrete Class A input buffer developed for best possible sonic performance.
• Fully discrete balanced dual differential class A Line Stage circuitry followed by a very fast symmetrical current amplifying Class A stage
• DC servo coupling
• Premium massive Mundorf MCap® ZN capacitors used for local power supply decoupling.
MCap® ZN’s loss factor is ten-times lower than of metallized Polypropylene-film capacitors. Additionally, the mass inertia of the tin foil prevents oscillations in the benefit of transparency and spatial recreation.
• 4-layer printed circuit boards with pure copper traces up to 70my thickness
• Minimal internal wiring
• Four separate custom made 36VA toroidal transformers, two for each channel
• Massive power supply capacitor bank for each channel
• Separate linear power supply for both digital and individual left/right channel analogue circuits
• Fully regulated extremely low noise power supply for all voltage amplifying stages
• Local shunt regulators which ensure low noise over a large frequency bandwidth
• Commander Power Supply chassis with additional DC voltage outputs for future external Gryphon sources.
• Gold-plated Neutrik XLR sockets for four balanced (Source) inputs and two (Main) outputs
• Gold-plated Gryphon RCA phono sockets with Teflon insulation for 2 (Source) inputs, one Tape output and one Single-Ended Preamp (Main) output
• Fixed-level AV throughput bypasses volume circuit for ultimate integration with surround systems
• Adjustable channel balance, source level matching, start-up volume and maximum volume level
• 12VDC link In/Out for remote power On/Off control
• Green Bias control for Gryphon Power Amplifiers
• Large 4.3” TFT capacitive touch information screen for intuitive control, presented in 4mm glass
• Firmware upgrades easily via USB stick through rear panel
• Separate mechanical chassis for Power Supply and Amplifier circuits
• Decoupled Kerrock™, bitumen and steel sandwich “Constrained Layer” chassis bottom isolates and damps sensitive amplifier and power supply Printed Circuit Boards. Prevents smearing of the fine audio details.
• Standby current consumption ≤ 0.5W
• Designed and built in Denmark
• Input Impedance, balanced: 18KΩ
• Input Impedance, single ended: 12KΩ
• Output impedance: 7Ω
• Bandwidth (-3dB): 0.1Hz to 1.5MHz
• Gain: +18dB
• THD + N: 0.003% @ 1kHz and BW 10Hz – 30KHz, balanced output
• Total Power Supply Capacity: 2 x 90,000uF
• Power consumption: ≤ 0.5W (standby), 90W (idle)
• Dimensions Preamp unit, WxHxD: 48×23,6×45,5 cm, net unit weight. 30,5kg
• Dimensions PSU unit, WxHxD: 48×23,6×44 cm, net unit weight. 38,2kg