Trinnov Amplitude8 Power Amplifier
Pickup available at Audio Connection
Usually ready in 5+ days
Trinnov Amplitude8 Power Amplifier
515 Parramatta Road
Leichhardt NSW 2040
- Live Chat Support (8am - 8pm)
- Free Australia Wide Shipping
- 02 9561 0788. We speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese
BUY NOW PAY LATER | INTEREST-FREE REPAYMENTS
- Split your payments over 2, 6, 12 or 18 months.
- 0% on your purchase, zero fees.
- No minimum spend.
- All you need is a valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex).
- Choose "More Payment Options" below and choose "Monthly credit card payments" on the checkout screen.
If you have any questions or need advice - give us a call on 02 9561 0788 during business hours or use our live chat service AEST 8am - 8pm everyday (you'll chat with a real person, not a bot!).
Achieving maximum performance in an Altitude32 theater requires equally proficient amplification. That is the reason we created the Amplitude8 power amplifier. Optimized to work with Trinnov processors, it integrates seamlessly with the Altitude both visually and technically, and in operation creates a powerful three-dimensional soundstage, with huge dynamic range and bass impact to equal and exceed that of the best commercial theaters.
STATE OF THE ART PERFORMANCE
The Hypex Ncore® NC1200 class-D power module represents the state-of-the-art for audiophile performance, with unparalleled clarity, musicality and resolution. It features the industry’s lowest distortion and noise specifications, and its performance is frequency-independent. You’ll find it in the finest audiophile monoblocks, and that’s why we use it in the Amplitude8.
The audio performance of the Amplitude8 satisfies the most demanding audiophiles, and when watching movies, you’ll find its silent background noise and enormous dynamic range ensures you’ll hear every detail in the quietest passages and clean, undistorted output and impact when the soundtrack is at its highest loudness levels.
FEEL THE POWER
Think of this 8-channel class-D power amplifier as two high-output four-channel amplifiers on a single chassis, each with its own power supply.
Each linear power supply is built around a separate heavy-duty toroidal power transformer, enabling every module of the Amplitude8 to deliver 225W into 8 ohms, 375W into 4 ohms and 500W into 2 ohms.
In fact, the Amplitude8 requires two AC power connections.
We perfectly matched the input level of the Amplitude8 to the output level of the Altitude32, optimizing the system’s dynamic range. By doing this, we are able to decrease the background noise of the system by a highly significant 6 to 8 dB, a benefit unavailable when using other amplifiers.
Why is this so important? Immersive audio systems have a large number of speakers, and each is a potential source of background noise, especially when the system has high-sensitivity speakers. A silent background ensures that low-level sounds critical to a soundtrack will not be obscured.
The physical integration of the Amplitude8 and your Altitude processor has also been taken into account. You can take the conventional approach with eight independent XLR input cables, or elegantly simplify your rack installation with a single D-Sub cable that handles all 8 channels.
Convection cooled, the Amplitude8 operates silently, without internal fans, making it ideal for use when the equipment rack is located inside the theater. Once installed, the Amplitude8 front panel complements the look of the Altitude32, creating a magnificent impression in your home theater rack.
THE CINEMA DESIGNER
The Cinema Designer (TCD) is a powerful online design tool that allows integrators and system designers to create not only technically impeccable cinema designs in a matter of minutes, but also a complete set of support documents and aesthetic room renderings.
Trinnov Altitude processors and Amplitude amplifiers are fully supported in the TCD software, enabling designers to integrate the Altitude in the most complex speaker layouts in a matter of minutes.
TCD integrates Trinnov's exclusive recommendation for speaker placement by default.
- Power Output (8Ω, 20-20kHz 0.05% THD+N): 225 Watts RMS x8
- Power Output (4Ω, 20-20kHz 0.05% THD+N): 375 Watts RMS x8
- Power Output (2Ω, 20-20kHz 0.05% THD+N): 500 Watts RMS x 8
- Frequency Response: +/- 0.5dB 0Hz to 20 kHz, load independent
- Damping Factor: > 6000 at 100 Hz, > 2000 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Signal to noise ratio: 125dB Referenced To Rated Output (A-Weighted)
- Crosstalk: < 85 dB
Audio Inputs & Outputs
- Input Connectors: 1x Balanced (XLR) per channel
- Input Polarity: Pin 2 +ve, Pin3 -ve ( for non-inverting output)
- Input Impedance: 47 kΩ, each phase
- Input Sensitivity: 6.15V (+18dBu) RMS balanced in = 225W into 8Ω out
- Output Connectors: 1x 5 way binding post per channel
- Power Requirement: 2x 117V / 230V 50/60 Hz AC
- Power Consumption: <1W Standby, <80W idle, Max 1,8kW x2 full load
- Mains Fuse: 15A (117V) / 8A (230V) both slow blow
- 12V Trigger: 1x in, 1x out (mini-jack TS)
Weight & Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x H x D) mm: 443 x 186.5 x 502 mm
- Dimensions (W x H x D) inches: 17 3/4" x 7 11/32" x 19 3/4"
- Shipping box dimensions (W x H x D) cm: 70 x 61 x 38
- Weight: 48 Kg / 106 lbs
- Shipping weight / volume: 59kg / 0.162 M3
- Standard Warranty: 5 year
- Transferable: Yes