KEF Blade Two Meta Floorstanding Speakers
A sound statement. An icon that engages every sense.
A bold and striking presence, Blade pushes the boundaries of what is possible with sound. The world’s first Single Apparent Source loudspeaker now with KEF’s innovative Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT™).
The compact Single Apparent Source speaker
Sharing the same DNA as Blade One Meta, Blade Two Meta offers all the acoustic prowess and iconic design on a slightly smaller scale. Blade Two Meta features Single Apparent Source technology with four 165mm (6.5 in.) force-cancelling bass drivers and 12th generation Uni-Q® driver array with MAT™.
Obsessed with sound quality and committed to bringing a superior listening experience, our engineers created the revolutionary Concept Blade to showcase KEF’s technology leadership and powers of innovation with no preconceptions and restrictions. Since then, we keep pushing the boundaries of HiFi to create the loudspeaker with the best possible sound.
Uniquely KEF. Uniquely coherent.
At the heart of Blade lies Single Apparent Source technology; a unique technology that makes the Blade incredibly coherent, with noticeably more precise imaging. The latest version of Blade benefits from our latest acoustic innovation of the 12th generation Uni-Q® with Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT™).
Engineered and handcrafted in UK
Since 1961, we have been creating remarkable award-winning loudspeakers at our UK home in Maidstone, Kent. As our flagship HiFi speakers, Blade is still being designed, engineered, and handcrafted in Maidstone.
Summary of features
- Single Apparent Source technology revolutionises the orientation of the low, mid, and high frequency drivers to deliver sound you hear to be more real and immersive
- Metamaterial Absorption Technology eliminates 99% of high-frequency distortion for pure, natural sound
- Bespoke 12th generation Uni-Q with MAT driver array for exceptional acoustic accuracy
- Two pairs of force-cancelling LF drivers deliver clean, massively extended bass
- Enhanced crossover design fine-tuned the signal path for maximum clarity
- Optimised cabinet design for best acoustic performance
- Two models: Blade One Meta, Blade Two Meta
- Available in eight finishes
- Customised finishes are available upon request
SpecificationsModel BLADE TWO Meta
Design Three-way bass reflex Single apparent source
Uni-Q driver array:
HF: 25 mm (1 in.) aluminium dome with MAT
MF: 125 mm (5 in.) aluminium cone
LF: 4 x 165 mm (6.5 in.) aluminium cone,
Frequency range free field (-6dB) 30 Hz - 45k Hz
Frequency range typical in room bass response (-6dB) 25Hz
Frequency response (±3dB) 33 Hz - 35k Hz
Crossover frequencies 450 Hz, 2.2k Hz
Amplifier requirements 50 - 400W
Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 86 dB
Harmonic distortion 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
<0.5% 40 Hz - 100k Hz
<0.2% 200 Hz - 2k Hz
<0.1% 2k Hz - 20k Hz
Maximum output (SPL) (peak sound pressure level at 1m with pink noise) 116dB
Impedance 4 Ω (min. 3.2 Ω)
Weight 35.3kg (77.8 lbs.)
Dimensions - with plinth (H x W x D) 1461 x 338 x 475 mm (57.5 x 13.3 x 18.7 in.)
Standard finishes Piano Black/Copper, Piano Black/Grey, Frosted Blue/Blue, Frosted Blue/Bronze, Charcoal Grey/Red, Charcoal Grey/Bronze, Racing Red/Grey, Arctic White/Champagne