KEF Blade One Meta Floorstanding Speakers
A sound statement. An icon that engages every sense.
A bold and striking presence, Blade pushes the boundaries of what is possible with sound. The world’s first Single Apparent Source loudspeaker now with KEF’s innovative Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT™).
The world’s first Single Apparent Source speaker
The world's first Single Apparent Source speaker, now with 12th generation Uni-Q® with MAT™. A bespoke driver array engineered to deliver pristine performance, and capable of raising Blade to new heights of performance. Featuring four 225mm (9 in.) force-cancelling bass drivers, Blade One Meta is the top model in the Blade series.
Obsessed with sound quality and committed to bringing a superior listening experience, our engineers created the revolutionary Concept Blade to showcase KEF’s technology leadership and powers of innovation with no preconceptions and restrictions. Since then, we keep pushing the boundaries of HiFi to create the loudspeaker with the best possible sound.
Uniquely KEF. Uniquely coherent.
At the heart of Blade lies Single Apparent Source technology; a unique technology that makes the Blade incredibly coherent, with noticeably more precise imaging. The latest version of Blade benefits from our latest acoustic innovation of the 12th generation Uni-Q® with Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT™).
Engineered and handcrafted in UK
Since 1961, we have been creating remarkable award-winning loudspeakers at our UK home in Maidstone, Kent. As our flagship HiFi speakers, Blade is still being designed, engineered, and handcrafted in Maidstone.
Summary of features
- Single Apparent Source technology revolutionises the orientation of the low, mid, and high frequency drivers to deliver sound you hear to be more real and immersive
- Metamaterial Absorption Technology eliminates 99% of high-frequency distortion for pure, natural sound
- Bespoke 12th generation Uni-Q with MAT driver array for exceptional acoustic accuracy
- Two pairs of force-cancelling LF drivers deliver clean, massively extended bass
- Enhanced crossover design fine-tuned the signal path for maximum clarity
- Optimised cabinet design for best acoustic performance
- Two models: Blade One Meta, Blade Two Meta
- Available in eight finishes
- Customised finishes are available upon request
Model BLADE ONE Meta
Design Three-way bass reflex Single apparent source
Uni-Q driver array:
HF: 25 mm (1 in.) aluminium dome with MAT
MF: 125 mm (5 in.) aluminium cone
LF: 4 x 225 mm (9 in.) aluminium cone,
Frequency range free field (-6dB) 27 Hz - 45k Hz
Frequency range typical in room bass response (-6dB) 20Hz
Frequency response (±3dB) 35 Hz - 35k Hz
Crossover frequencies 350 Hz, 2k Hz
Amplifier requirements 50 - 400W
Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 88 dB
Harmonic distortion 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
<0.5% 40 Hz - 100k Hz
<0.2% 200 Hz - 2k Hz
<0.1% 2k Hz - 20k Hz
Maximum output (SPL) (peak sound pressure level at 1m with pink noise) 117dB
Impedance 4 Ω (min. 2.8 Ω)
Weight 57.2 kg (126 lbs.)
Dimensions - with plinth (H x W x D) 1590 x 363 x 540 mm (62.5 x 14.3 x 21.2 in.)
Standard finishes Piano Black/Copper, Piano Black/Grey, Frosted Blue/Blue, Frosted Blue/Bronze, Charcoal Grey/Red, Charcoal Grey/Bronze, Racing Red/Grey, Arctic White/Champagne