Dan Clark Audio EXPANSE OPEN Headphones
- Live Chat Support (8am - 8pm)
- Free Australia Wide Shipping
- 02 9561 0788. We speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese
BUY NOW PAY LATER | INTEREST-FREE REPAYMENTS
- Split your payments over 2, 6, 12 or 18 months.
- 0% on your purchase, zero fees.
- No minimum spend.
- All you need is a valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex).
- Choose "More Payment Options" below and choose "Monthly credit card payments" on the checkout screen.
If you have any questions or need advice - give us a call on 02 9561 0788 during business hours or use our live chat service AEST 8am - 8pm everyday (you'll chat with a real person, not a bot!).
Dan Clark Audio's new flagship open-back headphone, EXPANSE, sets a new standard in open-back headphone musicality, soundstage, detail retrieval, and comfort. Featuring their all-new 4th generation planar-magnetic driver and their breakthrough Acoustic Metamaterial Tuning System, EXPANSE delivers a stunningly smooth presentation to bring new depth and breadth to all your favourite music.
And DCA didn’t stop at improving the sound; they also redesigned their headband to deliver a big step up in ergonomics and comfort!
Headphones are subject to standing waves in the higher frequencies, which can make instruments like strings, cymbals, even vocals sound unrealistic and fatiguing.
AMTS is Dan Clark Audio’s patent-pending inline device located between the transducer and ear. AMTS integrates waveguides, diffusion control, quarter-wave, and Helmholtz resonators into one compact structure to eliminate standing waves, dramatically improving system performance. .
Diffusion elements reduce standing wave formation while resonators act as both precision and broadband filters to smooth and shape the frequency response from the midrange through the highest frequencies.
- Driver: 76mm x 51mm single-ended planar magnetic
- Driver matching: 0.25db weighted 20-10,000Hz
- THD: less than 0.03% 20-20KHz, ref. 1KHz at 94dB
- Headband: Nickle-Titanium
- Baffle: Carbon Fibre
- Ear Pads: Synthetic Suede and Leather