“Technology is not driving us, we like to drive the technology in a direction that serves us and our goals.”
– Gryphon founder, Flemming E. Rasmussen
In the year 2020, the Gryphon celebrates 35 years of exploration and innovation, widely acknowledged as one of the most influential high end brands in Scandinavia – and the world. The Gryphon name has long been established as a hallmark of excellence in every aspect of audio design from amplification to loudspeakers to digital playback.
It all began with the very first Gryphon power amplifier, the Gryphon DM100: 100 Watts, pure Class A, selectable bias, dual mono, extreme wide bandwidth and so much more. Born a classic, the Gryphon DM100 immediately established itself in high end circles as one of the most acclaimed amplifiers of all time.
Done the Gryphon way from the very beginning in 1991, the Gryphon DM100 defined honest, involving and utterly musical performance, paving the way for our current flagship model, the Gryphon Mephisto.
Gryphon Essence possesses the same big heart as its top of the range predecessors, the Gryphon Colosseum and Mephisto. The name Essence was chosen because it is the embodiment of the virtues that formed the Gryphon DNA from its first amplifier.
• Dual Mono configuration
• Zero global negative feedback
• 20 (Stereo) or 40 (Mono version) very high current bipolar output transistors
• 440,000 μF (Stereo) or 880,000 μF (Mono version) capacitor bank
• Balanced dual differential class A input circuitry followed by a high-speed voltage amplifying
Class A stage
• Fully regulated low noise power supply for all voltage amplifying stages
• DC servo coupling
• Frequency-independent damping factor
• Polypropylene capacitors used for local power supply decoupling
• Four-layer up to 70μm copper printed circuit boards
• Custom made 1350VA toroidal transformer
• Separate power supply for digital and analog circuits
• Soft Start turn-on prevents triggering of fuses in the home electrical system
• Gold-plated Neutrik XLR socket for one balanced input per channel
• Gold-plated custom-made binding posts
• 12VDC link in for power up and down
• Automatic Green Bias setting or manual Low/High bias
• Non-invasive protection system
• RGB LED bar indicating Low/High Bias status
• Standby current consumption < 0 .5W
• EU CE approval
• Designed and built in Denmark
Specifications Stereo version:
Specifications Mono version (each Mono unit):
• 1 x 50W @ 8 Ohms 1 x 100W @ 4 Ohms, 1 x 200W @ 2 Ohms at 115V/230V AC supply
• Output impedance: 0 .0075 Ohms
• Bandwidth (-3dB): 0 .3Hz – 350 kHz
• Power Supply Capacity (each Mono unit): 440,000μF
• Gain: +31 .0dB
• Input Impedance, balanced (20-20,000 Hz): 20 k Ohms
• 47cm X 24cm X 46cm (W x H x D), 45 kg net . each cabinet .
Specifications can be changed without notice .