Gryphon EOS 2 Loudspeakers
Pickup available at Audio Connection
Usually ready in 5+ days
Gryphon EOS 2 Loudspeakers
515 Parramatta Road
Leichhardt NSW 2040
- Live Chat Support (8am - 8pm)
- Free Australia Wide Shipping
- 02 9561 0788. We speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese
BUY NOW PAY LATER | INTEREST-FREE REPAYMENTS
- Split your payments over 2, 6, 12 or 18 months.
- 0% on your purchase, zero fees.
- No minimum spend.
- All you need is a valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex).
- Choose "More Payment Options" below and choose "Monthly credit card payments" on the checkout screen.
If you have any questions or need advice - give us a call on 02 9561 0788 during business hours or use our live chat service AEST 8am - 8pm everyday (you'll chat with a real person, not a bot!).
A New Gateway to The World of Gryphon
One of Gryphon’s historic strengths has been our “Systems approach” to HiFi: by designing every component in the playback chain, we’re able to achieve a level of system synergy that would otherwise not be possible. Recently, we’ve introduced breakthrough amplifier technology—first with Essence and then with Apex—then redefined preamplifier performance with Commander. Gryphon’s Vanta cabling likewise represented a dramatic step forward in metallurgy while our StandArt equipment racks brought audio furniture to a new level of both sonics and aesthetics. Now, we’re proud to introduce EOS 2: a new standard in compact loudspeaker design
Gryphon’s new EOS-series is the brainchild of Gryphon Industrial Designer Soren Slebo & Benno Baun Meldgaard, Gryphon’s Chief Loudspeaker Designer. Former Head of Design for Gamut, Mr. Meldgaard is one of High-End Audio’s great young talents and his work for EOS delivers innovative solutions to achieving big speaker sound in small rooms. First among these is EOS’ unique “Stealth” enclosure, whose purpose-engineered front baffle enables the drivers to yield smooth dispersion and uniform energy output, as well as a more stable and dimensional soundstage.
EOS’ Stealth exterior has been sculpted to function as an efficient diffusor of standing waves—a great advantage in small spaces—while the interior has been critically shaped to eliminate standing waves and cabinet resonances. Gryphon’s proprietary “Line porting” technology, a new way of directing the back wave of the mid-woofer towards the ports, ensures a perfect path for the low frequencies to exit the enclosure while providing efficient damping of frequencies above the 60-80 Hz region. The result is shockingly fast and clean bass reproduction, free of distracting upper-frequency artifacts. Benno’s mandate to maximize room compatibility and placement flexibility yielded two additional design flourishes: EOS can be either front- or rear-ported by means of removable port plugs, while a three-position phase switch ensures ideal response at the listening position. Taken together, these two features enable unmatched versatility in speaker placement.
Although EOS 2 is Gryphon’s most accessible loudspeaker, it offers uncompromising parts and build quality. Our proprietary woofer features a Thin-ply Carbon Fiber cone manufactured to our specifications by the world’s leading fabricator of Formula 1 components. EOS’ tweeter—also proprietary—uses a large (34mm) Beryllium dome and resonance-free rear enclosure for enhanced dynamics and low-end response. Hand-assembled from the finest components, our PCS (Progressive Curved Slope) crossover maximizes power handling and ensures a seamless transition between drivers. Featuring 91 dB efficiency and 4 Ohm minimum impedance, EOS 2 presents an easy load for virtually all high-quality power amplifiers.\
Evocative of Gryphon’s State-of-the-Art Kodo and Trident II loudspeakers, EOS’ handsome, stringed front grille combines beauty and protection with acoustic transparency. As Gryphon’s new entry-level loudspeaker, EOS 2 not only revolutionizes affordable performance but makes it possible to assemble a world-class music system at a price that was previously impossible. Combine EOS 2 with a Diablo Integrated Amplifier and Rosso cabling for a system whose aesthetic beauty and pride of ownership is surpassed only by its matchless musicality.
- Type: 2-way, Linear phase, floor stander
- Drivers: 1 x 7½” (190mm) Thin-Ply Carbon Fiber Diaphragm (TPCD™) with impulse optimizer ring. Manufactured to our specifications by one of the world’s leading fabricators of Formula 1 carbon fiber components.
- 1×1.34” (34 mm) Beryllium dome tweeter. Step-damped, resonance-free rear enclosure.
- Principle: Line-dampened, Front or Rear firing port for optimum room integration.
- Frequency response: 26 – 40.000 Hz (-3dB).
- Sensitivity: 89dB 1m 2.83V @1KHz.
- Impedance: 6Ω nom. / 3.8Ω min. @128Hz
- Crossover: 2.2 KHz / 1st – 4th Order, progressive rising slope technology
- Feet: Adjustable spikes with integrated dampers (Removable)
- Enclosure volume: 1.4 cubic feet / 40 liters
- Weight: 67.4 lbs. / 30,6 Kg Each.