dCS Debussy DAC
Condition: Ex Demo
The entry point to the world of dCS, Debussy combines the legendary dCS Ring DAC and our award winning USB technology to deliver an elegant DAC that will extract an amazing musical performance from any digital source.This unit features a sleek solid high-grade aluminum fascia, along with aluminum casing, metal buttons and is powered by dCS electronics. Whether you use CD or a computer as your source, Debussy will resolve every last bit of detail from your music collection, bringing a realism that you have never heard before. These have won more medals in awards than a colonel in an army, it's very common to see this unit with many awards to its name. It has more inputs and features than a knifes in chefs kitchen and much more.
- Type Digital-to-Analogue Converter.
- Colour Silver
- Dimensions 445mm/17.6” x 392mm/15.5” x 65mm/2.6”. Allow extra depth for cable connectors.
- Weight 8.8kg/19.4lbs.
- Converter Type dCS proprietary Ring DAC™ topology.
Output Levels: 2V rms or 6V rms on all outputs, set by the Output Level switch on the rear panel.
Balanced Outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x 3-pin male XLR connectors (pin 2 = hot, pin 3 = cold). These outputs are electronically balanced and floating, the signal balance ratio at 1kHz is better than 40dB. Output impedance is 3Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (a 10kΩ load is recommended).
Unbalanced Outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x RCA Phono connectors. Output impedance is 52Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (a 10kΩ load is recommended).
USB interface on a B-type connector will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 44.1, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8 & 384kS/s or DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DoP format. Operates in asynchronous mode.
2x AES/EBU on 3-pin female XLR connectors. Each will accept 24 bit PCM data at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 & 192 kS/s or DSD/64 in DoP format OR as a Dual AES pair at 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8 & 384kS/s or DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DoP format or dCS-encrypted DSD/64.
2x SPDIF on 1x RCA Phono and 1x BNC connectors. Each will accept 24 bit PCM data at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 & 192 kS/s or DSD/64 in DOP format.
- Wordclock Word Clock input on 1x BNC connector. Accepts standard Word Clock at 32, 44.1, 88.2, 96, 176.4 & 192kHz.
- Residual Noise Less than -110dB0 @ 20Hz-20kHz unweighted (6V Setting).
- Spurious Responses Better than -100dB0 @ 20Hz-20kHz.
2 filters on Debussy give different trade-offs between the Nyquist image rejection and the phase response. Filter 1 is a classic sharp filter, with linear phase and pre-ringing. Filter 2 is an alternative filter, which has non-linear phase and no pre-ringing.
- Software Updates Loaded from CD or PC via USB or PCM digital inputs.
- Local Control IR (RC5) or RS232. A dCS Premium remote control is supplied as standard.
- Operating Systems Tested on Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 and Mac OSX. Operates in ‘Audio Class’ mode. Class 1 mode (limited to 96kS/s) does not require special drivers to be installed. Class 2 mode requires the dCS drivers to be installed on Windows PCs. Not required for OSX 10.6.3 or later.
- Power Supply Factory set for 100, 115, 220 or 230V AC, 49-62Hz.
- Power Consumption 22 Watts typical/30 Watts maximum.