Arcam P49 2-Channel Power Amplifier
Arcam's P49 power amplifier represents the pinnacle of Arcam's audio engineering. We set out to incorporate everything we have learnt in almost 40 years to deliver a power amplifier that will set new standards and provide class leading sound quality for the best possible reproduction of your music.
- Arcam's highest performing amplification ever
- Fully flexible stereo amplifier range
- Power amp can be configured for multiple modes
- Class G amplification with 50W of class A operation
- On board PSU for rSeries products
- CR902 system remote control (A49, C49)
- Phono input configurable for line/MM (A49, C49)
- Large ergonomically designed aluminium knob
- Low power 0.5W standby
Drawing on the many years of amplifier design experience at Arcam, the P49 uses the best quality components and engineering practice to produce a product that will give many years of musical pleasure and reliable service.
With a class G amplifier, toroidal based power supply, acoustically damped chassis, paralleled transistor output stages and exceptionally low levels of distortion and noise the P49 is capable of reproducing music with all its original authority and detail. Rest assured you will be hearing the music just as the artist intended.
The P49 has been designed to leapfrog the competition with a massive 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 400 into 4 ohms. It delivers 50 watts in pure class A mode while allowing for huge extra power reserves from our latest generation class G topology that is both clever and efficient. During normal operation, distortion is measured in less than one part per million so that this massive power is deliver with total control and finesse.
There have been great strides made in improving audio sources and loudspeakers in recent years and the time is right to match them in the field of amplifier design. This ground breaking amplifier is a must audition amplifier for music lovers who understand that power is nothing without control.
The P49 has been designed with system building flexibility in mind and can be configured as a traditional stereo power amp, bridged mode or dual mono mode allowing for the "ultimate"? system of a C49 with six bridged P49s tri-amping the speakers.
Continuous power output, per channel, 8Ohms
- Both channels driven, 8Ohms,20Hz-20kHz, 0.2% THD - 200W
- Single, 4Ohms at 1kHz - 400W
- Nominal sensitivity̴ for 200W / 8Ohms - 1.15V (RCA), 2.3V (XLR)
- Input impedance - 10kOhms
- Frequency response 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.05dB
- Signal/noise ratio (Awtd) 50W / 8Ohms - 110dB
- Power consumption (standby) - <0.5W
Dimensions & Weights
- W x D (inc. speaker terminals) x H (inc. feet) - 433 x 425 x 171mm
- Weight (net) - 18.0kg
- Weight (packed) - 19.7kg
- 5 060133 602330