dCS Vivaldi CD/SACD Transport
Condition: Used in Excellent Condition
Vivaldi Transport is designed to extract revelatory levels of detail from both CD and SACD and is the ultimate machine for silver disc replay. All signal processing in Vivaldi Transport is proprietary to dCS.
To enhance the purity of the power supply and isolate the mechanism from the electronics, Vivaldi Transport features a completely new chassis design that has separate power circuits for the digital processing and CD/SACD mechanism sections. This gives near-silent operation.
SACDs are played in their native DSD format, again using the Dual AES interface. Native CD data is available from 4 PCM outputs (1x AES/EBU, 2x S/PDIF and 1x SDIF-2), as is downsampled SACD data.
The dCS soft approach to programmable logic makes it extremely easy for users to update Vivaldi Transport software, whether adding new features, installing performance upgrades or adapting to changes in digital formats.
Used as part of a complete Vivaldi digital audio playback system, the Vivaldi Transport gives a performance of effortless realism each and every time.
- Utilises the latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform for state-of-the-art measured performance and unrivalled fidelity.
- Plays Red Book CDs in their native 16/44.1 format and upsamples the data to either DSD or DXD or DSD/128.
- Plays SACDs in their native DSD format and downsamples the data toŒæ16/44.1 format.
- Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and superior tolerance to AC supply variations.
- Multi-stage regulation ensures sensitive clock / PLL circuitry is unaffected by digital interference.
- Separate power circuits for the digital processing board and CD/SACD mechanism ensure clean power to these sections.
- Aerospace-grade machined aluminium chassis fitted with tuned acoustic damping panels reduces magnetic effects and vibration.
Upsampling CD/SACD Transport.
Silver or Black.
Dual laser CD/SACD mechanism (TEAC VRDS NEO䋢 VMK3).
444mm/17.5äó? x 435mm/17.2äó? x 196mm/7.8äó?. Allow extra depth for cable connectors.
- Digital Outputs
1x Dual AES interface on 2x 3-pin male XLR connectors, outputs DSD/64 data, whether a CD or SACD is playing. A menu setting changes the format to DXD (24/352.8) or DSDx2 (1/5.644MS/s) when a CD is playing.
1x AES/EBU on 3-pin male XLR connector, outputs PCM at 16 bit/44.1kS/s, whether a CD or SACD is playing.
2x SPDIF on 1x RCA Phono and 1x BNC connectors. Each outputs PCM at 16 bit/44.1kS/s, whether a CD or SACD is playing.
1x SDIF-2 interface on 2x BNC connectors, outputs PCM at 16 bit/44.1kS/s, whether a CD or SACD is playing.
- Upsampling Rates
CD data may be upsampled to DSD/64, DXD (24/352.8) or DSD/128.
- Wordclock I/O Word Clock input on
- 1x BNC connector, accepts standard Word Clock at 44.1, 88.2 or 176.4kHz. Sensitive to TTL levels.
- Word Clock input on 1x BNC connector, accepts standard Word Clock at 44.1, 88.2 or 176.4kHz. Sensitive to TTL levels.
- Word Clock output on 1x BNC connector. With the transport in Master mode, a TTL-compatible 44.1kHz Word Clock derived from the internal crystal oscillator is available on this output.
- Clock Accuracy
Better than +/-10 ppm when shipped (not temperature compensated).
- Software Updates
Updates are loaded directly from CD-R.
- Local Control
dCS Premium Remote handset is supplied with Vivaldi DAC. RS232 (controlled by a Vivaldi Upsampler / app or a third party device).
- Power Supply
Factory set for 100, 115, 220 or 230V AC, 50-60Hz.
- Power Consumption
28 Watts typical / 40 Watts maximum.