Thiel Coherent Source Centre Speaker - MCS1
Condition: Used in good condition with some minor marks.
One of Thiel best ever made. Finished in Dark wood
The MCS1 is a flexible speaker designed to be used horizontally as a traditional center and vertical for either main, surround or even as a vertical center in an LCR configuration. The heart of this speaker is then ingenious custom designed and built co-axially mounted tweeter-midrange driver. Unlike other co-axial designs this is not just a tweeter mounted on top of a midrange, rather they share the same voice coil, removing the need for an electrical crossover, as the drivers own structure acts as a mechanical crossover, preventing certain frequencies from arriving at the tweeters dome. By coaxially mounting the drivers you achieve almost perfect time coherence as the drivers are essentially origination from the same location.
- Design: 2-1/2 way, Ported
- Drivers: One 1″ Metal Dome Tweeter, One 3.5″ Midrange, Two 6.5″ Metal Cone Woofers
- MFR: 47 Hz – 23 kHz
- Sensitivity: 90dB @2.8v /1m
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Recommended Power: 50 – 300 watts
- Dimensions: 28.5″ H x 10″ W x 12.5″ D
- Weight: 61 Pounds/each