Gryphon Essence Class A Power Amplifier
Essence is your direct music conduit with sonic neutrality, textural purity and dynamic ease, defined as much by what we have left out as by what we have put in.
Symmetrical AC power polarity for the amplifier stages will improve transient response, soundstage depth and ambience retrieval.
With an ultra-wide frequency bandwidth (0.5 Hz – 350 kHz, +0 dB, -3 dB), Gryphon Essence is conservatively rated at 50W (8Ω), 100W (4Ω), 190W (2Ω) in stereo, Class A and at 50W (8Ω), 100W (4Ω), 200W (2Ω), (Monoblock), Class A.
These exceptional figures guarantee stability with any loudspeaker load. The dual mono design employs a custom-built shielded, high current toroidal transformer with dual windings for left and right channel. The output stage and driver stage employ separate power supplies for effective isolation of the output stage from the input stage. A separate transformer for control and display circuitry isolates them from the signal path.
• Exterior design by Flemming E. Rasmussen
• Electronics design by Tom Møller
• Dual mono configuration
• Zero global negative feedback
• 440,000 μF (Stereo) or 880,000 μF (Mono version) capacitor bank
• Balanced dual differential Class A input circuitry followed by a high-speed voltage amplifying Class A stage
• Fully regulated low noise power supply for all voltage amplifying stages
• DC servo coupling
• Frequency-independent damping factor
• Polypropylene capacitors for local power supply decoupling
• Four-layer up to 70 μm copper printed circuit boards
• One custom-made 1350 VA toroidal transformer
• Separate power supply for digital and analog circuits
• Soft Start turn-on prevents triggering of fuses in the home electrical system
• Gold-plated Swiss Neutric XLR socket for one balanced input per channel
• Gold-plated custom-built binding posts
• 12 V DC link for power up and down
• Automatic Green Bias setting or manual Low/High bias
• Flash memory upgrades via PC or Key-fob
• Non-invasive protection system
• RGB LED bar indicating Bias High, Low status.
• Standby current consumption < 0.5 W
• EU CE approval
• Designed and built in Denmark